The City of Orem offers a traffic school class as an option in resolving a moving violation through the following steps:
Make your request for approval online or appear at the City of Orem Justice Court within 14 days from the date of your ticket to determine if you are eligible for a traffic school option.
Eligibility is based on your driving history. The clerks at the justice court will not be able to approve you for traffic school if you have any of the following conditions:
- Three (3) or more plea in abeyances/convictions for moving violations on your driving record.
- You currently have an active plea in abeyance agreement with the City of Orem Justice court.
- Citation is for an alcohol related offense.
- Citation is for a reckless driving offense.
- Citation was for speeding that exceeds 30 mph over the posted limit or if your speed was double the posted limit.
- Citation requires a mandatory appearance before the judge.
The fee for traffic school is $65.
If you are determined eligible the clerk will assist you with a plea in abeyance agreement which is required by State law and outlines the requirements for your case to be resolved.
Please be prepared to pay for traffic school and the plea in abeyance fee on the date you apply.