(1) Register your Business Name: Start by registering your business name with the State of Utah. This can be done at their web site: osbr.utah.gov

(2) Heath Certificate: If the nature of your business is any of the following, you will need to contact the Utah County Health Department to complete all of their requirements.

  • Any business that serves and/or makes food or handles unpackaged foods in any way
  • Pools or spas that will have public access
  • Tattooing or piercing establishments
  • Tanning beds open to the public
  • Underground storage of gas for public access
  • Used oil collection sites
You must complete this step prior to applying for an Orem City business license. The Health Department can be reached at 151 South University Avenue, Provo, 801-851-7000 or www.UtahCountyHealth.org.

(3) Fill out an Application: If your business will be in your home, complete the “Home Business License Online Application”. If your business will have an office or commercial location, complete the “Commercial Business License Online Application.

(4) Verification of Applicant: we require a photocopy of the owner’s driver’s license or another current photo ID if you do not have a driver’s license.

(5) Other Requirements: Specific types of business may have additional requirements. Call 801-229-7052 for details.