What is the purpose of a business license?
The purpose of a Business License in the City of Orem is to regulate and license business and occupations within the corporate limit of the City.
1. To determine if businesses are operating within applicable laws and ordinances.
2. To maintain a safe environment for the general public.
3. To make sure that zoning and building codes are enforced.
4. To maintain a list of currently licensed businesses for public access.
5. To ensure that sales tax is properly remitted.